Friday, March 27, 2009

Nate!

Well, I wanted to start with a joke, so I tried looking up some Thai jokes because all the ones I tried to come up with were lame. But it turns out that I don't really get Thai jokes. Hopefully that will change...

Hey, I'm Nate Prior! That's me clinging to the side of a volcano in Nicaragua, on my first SC mission trip last summer. Well, it's not actually the side of the volcano, more of a like a lookout post..and I'm not actually clinging...Anyway, I'm graduating from Sterling in 4 weeks, and I'm so excited to be going to Thailand as an assistant team leader (or is that 'assistant to the team leader'?). And I'm a little bit more excited that Miss Regier will become Mrs. Prior about halfway between these two events. It's just one of those summers!

Things I am looking forward to most about Thailand: Thai people, Thai food, hot season, rain, sweat, 8-foot spiders, diarrhea, relationships, Thai food, smiles, tonal languages, playing "Balls", serving Jesus, seeing the world, experiencing God's grace, showing God's grace, living God's grace, mountains, beaches, and Thai food.

Things I am looking forward to least about Thailand: 10-foot spiders, Imodium AD, wet towels

Basically, I can't wait to go. God has been extremely faithful to our team thus far (no surprise, really), and He's going to carry us through in typically amazing fashion. All aboard the Thailand Express!

No comments:

Post a Comment