Saturday, March 28, 2009

Benjamin


Hi friends, Thanks for following our trip to the land of luscious jungles and buddhist temples. I am really privileged to have an opportunity to serve on TWO trips with Sterling College this coming summer. I am leading the trip to Peru, which arrives back in the States about 2 days before we leave for Thailand. I am excited to be a part of this trip to be with some great people, including my soon-to-be-wife, and also to not have any real leadership responsibilities. I just get to be along as the hired muscle. The work we will be doing in Thailand is really humbling and it is an honor to be included in God's plan in this way.

A little about me.... I graduated from Sterling in December with a major in History and a minor in Religion and Phiolosophy. I get married on graduation day (April 25) and couldn't stand being apart from my new wife for a whole month, so I decided to come along. Good thing I got a job with the college for next year, or it would be tough to get a month off during the summer. I like fantasy baseball, college football, grunge music, flannel pearl snap shirts, buffalo wings and reading books.

I also went to the state spelling bee in seventh grade.

I also can't wait to update you all on our trip.

1 comment:

  1. 1) You look good!
    2) Congrats on the spelling bee!
    3) Your not back from your other trip yet, but we are already praying for you and the people of Thailand you will be working with.

    ReplyDelete