Monday, April 6, 2009

NIKKI :)


Hello everyone! First off I want you all to know how extremely excited I am to be apart of this trip and of this team. I never thought I would be taking part in an experience like this. This is my first mission trip and I cannot think of better individuals to go with. I transferred into Sterling College in the fall of 2008 on a soccer scholarship as a junior, majoring in Criminal Justice. As soon as I heard about this opportunity I knew I wanted to be apart of it. Thanks to my very generous family, friends, and team all of this came true for me. I am very excited to not only strengthen my relationship with God but to do the same for the people of Thailand. I am not a very serious person, I enjoy goofing my way through anything I possibly can. Soccer has been my life since before I can remember, and I plan to keep getting my soccer fix through coaching. I love all kinds of sports, but mostly I just like the idea of being outdoors, being active, and having fun. I would like to think that meeting new people, and making others laugh is a strong quality of mine. Although I do not know what to expect out of this Thailand trip I know that it will be one of the most positive experiences in my life, and that’s all I can ask for. One of my favorite quotes to live by is, “If God meant for today to be perfect, he would not give us tomorrow!”

1 comment: